It’s true that an interlocking driveway can add an impressive amount of curb appeal to your home, creating a sophisticated, stream-lined look. There are also additional benefits that make it a smart investment. For instance, the array of stone colors, styles and designs can perfectly match your house—from traditional to modern—and will significantly increase the value of your home. Additionally, the maintenance of an interlocking driveway is negligible. You get the entire ‘look’ and none of the work!
Interlock Driveway Proviso
There is one small caveat to interlocking driveways, but it’s a stipulation that is fairly common among home remodels and repairs: it is a job that should be done by a professional. While the concept of an interlocking driveway is simple, the installation is anything but easy.
There are many different factors to consider when installing an interlock driveway. For example, it needs to be able to handle the weight of multiple vehicles and stand up to the rigors of winter weather for years to come. The last thing you want to see is the beautifully uniform lines of your driveway’s pavers starting to shift in a random direction, completely ruining the driveway’s perfect design and beauty. In short, if you value your home’s appearance and curb appeal, an interlocking driveway needs to be properly installed by an experienced professional.
Interlocking Installation Woes
If your interlock driveway is shifting throughout the winter, then it’s likely that something went awry during installation. Two different scenarios are likely:
- You DIY’d your interlock driveway. Most homeowners simply don’t have the experience and knowledge,or the equipment to properly install an interlocking driveway. In instances when inexperienced homeowners take on such an expert-level task, ‘DIY’ stands for ‘Disaster-It-Yourself.’
- You hired a less experienced landscaper to install the driveway. Again, not everyone has the know-how and experience to properly install such an important feature of your home. There are many ways that the project could have gone wrong. For example, your installer might not have packed the base materials well enough,or installed enough base materials, and the right base materials for your climate and for your existing soil conditions, and those materials are shifting due to natural expansion experienced during freezing temperatures.
Finding a Solution
There is only one solution if your home’s curb appeal is being seriously diminished by a shifting interlocking driveway. You need to call in a professional to assess your options for fixing your driveway.
As an added bonus, calling a professional like Dutchman’s Landscaping will get you these additional benefits:
- An expert in the industry will have the experience to do the job correctly the first time.
- A pro will have references from past projects to prove their capabilities.
- A professional can guarantee that your interlock driveway will stay put.
- An expert will be able to help with choosing designs and colors, as well as installation.
- A specialist will also be able to reliably assist you with other home landscaping chores and projects.
If your home’s interlock driveway is shifting, look to a professional to identify and address the problem. Contact us today for an expert quote for an interlocking driveway installation or troubleshooting assessment!